Followers

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Impromptu Celebrations

Good Morning - Afternoon - Evening!


Don't you just love it, when a book you're reading, inspires you?!  I took a suggestion by Patti Digh, (Life is a Verb), and am really going to enjoy Impromptu Celebrations ... I think celebrating the correct spelling of impromptu is a start for today!

Have boxes of birthday candles at your disposal.  I'm keeping a special one in my purse, with a little box of wooden matches.  "Everyday, ordinary, daily life should be a rambunctious celebration, a focus on the positive, a paean to possibility and glee." - Patti Digh

A couple days ago, I wrapped up 5 birthday candles along with a wooden match in a kleenex - added a green raffia bow and sent if off in a "CONGRATULATIONS - YAY FOR YOU!" card.  A friend had just found a most perfect condo - and bought it!  For years she has been a dynamic flame in our book club, took a leap when her house sold and moved to the metro.  I think, "My goodness - how BRAVE!".  She's living, despite some fearful, apprehensive moments ... and life IS her adventure!

Her note said:
Thank you for the meditation candles ....
Deb, I got your delightful card with candles. I did it immediately. I sat and meditated until each candle sizzled into the apple; I imagined the fear being sizzled out of my life. It was wonderful and I think I want to buy some birthday candles and do one each day. How can any fear take hold in my mind when I am in the spirit of celebration and gratitude?
Thank you!
Love you bunches,


And so today - let's ... get out our candles - and enjoy a rambunctious celebration of life and gratitude!

Dance 'till the flames sizzle away ...
Cheers!

Blessings and Love!


2 comments:

  1. I love this post, and celebrations, and agree that they should happen any chance we get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think using and correctly spelling rambunctious is cause for celebration! And, yes, daily, we can celebrate something.

    Go. Create. Inspire!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!