Followers

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I Say Yes When I Mean No

Good Morning - Afternoon - Evening!

Never quite sure when you read this ; )  I hope you're doing well.

I think I'm probably in good company ... this whole saying yes thing, when I really don't want to.

I say yes when I mean no
and the wrinkle grows.
- Naomi Shihab Nye

Why do I do this?  Mostly, I want to be nice.  To other people.  Even when I know I'll be in angst and put myself through the emotional upheaval and draining of my Spirit.  Geepers.  It's a lesson learned.  I keep learning it, and maybe because of the age = wisdom thing, I am getting better at NO.  Sometimes in a whisper, sometimes with a smile and sometimes over and over, because some people just don't want to take no for an answer.  I can't blame them for trying and I always encourage people to ask, because if we aren't asked, we can miss out on some amazing opportunities.

So, it's listening and honoring the Spirit within, and keeping wrinkle-free.  Well, as best as life and nature allows!

From one nice person to another ...
Cheers!
Blessings and Love!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!